The Monocle Companion has 50 inspiring essays to improve everything from your vacation to your vocation, our first-ever paperback is packed with long-reads, inspiration and cheery ideas to make you happy.
Buy the Companion today and you’ll learn:
– The brief history of time and why applications that claim to track it can be a waste of yours.
– Why freedom of speech sometimes means raising your voice against the silliness.
– What Nordic co-operation can teach an increasingly fractious world about the importance of good neighbours.
– Why a high-flying pilot prefers the passenger seat and how to travel a little more thoughtfully.
– Why it’s OK to change your mind – sometimes – and why people should.
– Why finding joy in simple things is one of the hardest but most worthwhile skills to master.
– Why water makes a city, the importance of hobbies and what the ancients can teach urbanists.
– What your ‘Badi’ says about you and why cold water swimming is for masochists.
– How to live with a fascist past, why there’s little wrong with cultural appropriation and the pleasures and pitfalls of eating outdoors.
– How learning a craft can shape the creator, why to doodle and the surprising wisdom behind stargazing.
For more on these, plus other fresh perspectives and original fiction, pick up your copy today.